Stress can bring on maladaptive habits, and we're living in a Twilight Zone episode during this COVID19 crisis. I'm working with clients virtually, using tools such as Zoom, or even just phones. I'm also still going on site if a client's situation requires it. Let me know if you need help: my contact form is HERE.
Would you like to...
Who do I work with?
My youngest 1-on-1 client was five. Several clients, 80 or more. I'm an openly bisexual generalist, familiar with & comfortable in the leather community, who brushes spiders out of my hair. I like cats, dogs and more exotic pets! I’ve worked in every household room, attic to basement, garages, sheds, home-based business offices, storage units & a horse barn. I’ve turned around eviction proceedings, work in hoarding situations, but also spent 45 minutes on a makeup sales rep’s sample case. Stuff management, time and stress management and space planning are all involved. A small sample of my clients are doctors, small-plot farmers, teachers, bankers, airline personnel, housewives, retired, veterans, artists, craftsmen, parents, grandparents, widows, divorced, single, couples.
Want to get started NOW? Subscribe to my blog and get a FREE TOOL for thinking about what's going on!
I'm Lauren Williams, a Certified Professional Organizer®, Certified Virtual Organizer
I work in homes, home businesses and also small businesses.
I help you think outside of the box to get something into the box.
- We collaborate to find comfortable, affordable solutions.
- We'll create accessible spaces.
- We'll be organizing your towels, your files, your clothes, your soup cans, your beads and paints, you name it!
You'll laugh during this adventure.
Why do you have so much trouble doing this yourself?
There can be many reasons. I wish everyone thinking about getting help from an Organizer knew that it's nothing to be ashamed about or embarrassed by.
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
When you need help organizing, most often you just need help discovering what systems will work for you. I can guide you to that discovery and through to a completed project.
- Many of my clients lack skills to structure their surroundings. They weren't always taught how to organize, or they were taught ways which don't actually work for them.
- Maybe they have the ability and knowledge but they can't find a starting point or prefer company while they create their systems, or can't find the tools they need.
- A person's lack of time management skills can contribute to their disorganization: we'll look at time-keeping techniques.
- Sentimentality and fear can get in the way of decisions. We can talk about that.
- A person's anxiety about the process can contribute to their disorganization - let's see what might help.
Discover what we can unclutter together. I'm conducting organizing sessions by teleconference - Zoom, Duo, Microsoft Teams, or tell me about a mechanism you like and I'm gonna investigate it the same day. One-on-one teleconferenced organizing meetings, also known as "virtual" or "remote" organizing, are usually shorter than a "regular" engagement, focus on well-defined projects even more closely than side-by-side work, and, for clients, can actually have some powerful advantages over efforts where I'm hands-on with you.
This kind of collaboration isn't for everyone, so I can't promise we'll sign a contract for a virtual partnership. If you'd like a laugh, read about my preparation misadventures on my blog. If this is an intriguing idea, call me at 425-947-3976 or email me at email@example.com. If virtual doesn't end up being a possibility, I'm still going to get to you in-person again, sooner or later. Please let your colleagues, your friends and family know about me and about virtual organizing - I'll be able to help an English-speaking person (yup, no talent whatsoever at other languages) anywhere in the world.
In the meanwhile, reach out to someone you fought with, call that college buddy, mail a letter to someone.
Be safe, be well.