The Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC) provides integrated services including housing, emergency shelter, crisis intervention and healthcare to thousands of homeless and formerly homeless people every day.
We fight for public resources and policies that serve our most vulnerable and marginalized neighbors: those living with mental illness, substance use disorders, and other disabilities. We believe that everyone deserves the space to exist and a place to call home.
DESC meets people wherever they are and accepts them as they are.
DESC has multiple in-kind needs:
Items We Accept
- Adult clothing
- Hygiene items
- Small appliances and household items, except furniture
- Non-expired, shelf-ready food that does not need to be refrigerated
- When in doubt, email email@example.com to see if what you have is something we can accept!
Items We Always Need
- Men’s pants
- Men’s coats
- Women’s plus-sized clothing
- Menstrual hygiene products
- Coffee (beans or ground)
- Sleeping bags
- New adult-sized socks
And it has a fundraising thrift shop in Pioneer Square. Double the near-and-dear-my-heart – one of my beloved activities located in one of my preferred Seattle neighborhoods. And from neighborhood, bet the stuff is FABULOUS. SCORE!