Hope & Resiliency Through Challenge
A SPECIAL EVENT ABOUT CHESS, ADHD, EMPOWERMENT AND MORE!
Join us for this special event all about embracing our differences, rising to challenges and unwrapping our unique gifts. World renowned author and ADHD advocate Dr. Edward Hallowell is teaming up with Elliott Neff, National Chess Master and founder of Chess4life, to discuss and explore how determination, shaping one’s mindset, and developing self-discipline can turn life’s challenges into growth opportunities for life success! Both thought-leaders in their field, they will share their insight on how everyone can benefit from having a positive outlet such as chess that teaches patience, planning, and how to grow from mistakes.
Thursday October 18, 2018
4:00PM – 8:30PM
11100 NE 6th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
$10.00/ticket: Click HERE to purchase tickets
- Resource exhibits and chess playing from 4 to 6 pm
- Visit tables with resources for families and educators. Ask experts your questions about ADHD and other learning difficulties.
- Experience Chess4Life’s ‘Passport to Chess’, where kids and their families can learn the basics of chess and get stamps in their chess passport.
- Watch National Master Elliott Neff play chess blindfolded!
- Elliott Neff discussion and Q&A
- Dr Hallowell discussion and Q&A
- Elliott Neff and Dr. Hallowell book signings from 8 to 8:30 pm
ABOUT DR. HALLOWELL
Hallowell Todaro Center Co-Founder Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist and NY Times bestselling author recognized across the world as one of the foremost experts on ADHD. With decades of experience in the field, Dr. Hallowell has long argued that ADHD is too often misunderstood, mistreated, and mislabeled as a “disability” and that the gifts of this condition are easily lost amid negative comments.
He published his most recent book, Because I Come From A Crazy Family The Making Of A Psychiatrist, in June 2018.
ABOUT ELLIOTT NEFF
Elliott Neff is a National Master in Chess, author and Founder/CEO of Chess4Life, which exists to help kids develop life skills through the game of chess. What began for Elliott as a childhood fascination with chess has blossomed into an opportunity to positively impact thousands of kids per week through Chess4Life programs. Elliott inspires audiences through speaking engagements, special appearances, simultaneous chess exhibitions, and even blindfold chess demonstrations.
He published his first book, A Pawn’s Journey: Transforming lives one move at a time, in October 2018.